It’s something you’ve probably seen multiple times on Instagram during COVID-19. People trying their hand at one of the most feel-good comfort foods of all time. #BananaBread is currently at 1.2 Million and growing.
Maybe it’s the low-risk high-reward nature of it all? Maybe it’s the fact that bananas are easy to hoard until a week later when you’re left staring at brown bananas wondering WTF to do with them. It’s a trying time for everyone, so the thought of attempting a meticulous recipe and absolutely failing could really tip us over the edge into even darker times. NO THANKS. What we need, really need, is a fool proof, simplistic list full of sugar, flour, bananas and nuts that will send us off to the couch fat, happy and accomplished. Thanks for the recipe, momma.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl, set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with butter, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer OR by hand like me, cream the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and lumpy 🙂
- Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing.
- Mash and add the bananas.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Lick the bowl.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack. Wrap in cling wrap. Devour.