What I love most about this dish are the yummy flavors in each bite. The marinara mixed with pearly couscous with a seasoning blend that’ll make your mouth water for days after…*chef’s kiss.*
What Chef Alex loves most about this dish is that it doesn’t take up a ton of time. That old thing, time, is a luxury these days! In full disclosure, this is one of my favorite meals from Home Chef, but we’ve made it our own and have recreated it so many times since!
- 12 oz. fully cooked Israeli couscous (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp. Za’atar seasoning blend (Trader Joe’s)
- 4 oz. chopped and halved zucchini
- 1 oz. roasted garlic and herb butter
- 5 fl. oz. marinana sauce
- 1 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- .28 oz. lemon juice
- 8 oz. raw shrimp (or 12 oz. diced chicken breast, 4 Beyond Sausage links, etc)
- olive oil & salt on hand
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Sauté couscous with 1tbs olive oil over medium heat, stirring until lightly browned (about 5 mins). Slowly add 1 3/4 cup boiling water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer for 12 mins or until liquid is absorbed.
- Pat shrimp dry and stir into couscous
- Combine couscous mixture, zucchini, marinara, seasoning blend, 2 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt in a pyrex dish
- Bake (uncovered) for 23-25 minutes
- Remove dish from the oven. Stir in garlic and herb butter until combined. Top with lemon juice and feta. Enjoy!