The Amalfi Coast is a 30-mile stretch of coastline along Italy’s southern edge. Think sheer cliffs, a rocky shoreline, small beaches and pastel-colored fishing villages. The coastal road between the port city of Salerno and clifftop Sorrento winds past grand villas, terraced vineyards and cliffside lemon groves.
Am I selling it yet? It’s a pretty easy place to sell 🙂
We started our honeymoon in the Amalfi Coast and had four blissful days here. Only a few months later, we brought LimitLes participants back for some fun in the sun!
During both of my visits to the coast, I stayed in Amalfi. I think it’s a great central area that allows you to see the best parts without feeling like you’re in transfer the whole time.
Miramalfi Hotel: Down the street from Santa Caterina is this absolute gem of a hotel and where we stayed during LimitLes Italy. It was everything our group needed and so much more, plus just a few steps closer to the town of Amalfi.
The options are limitless on the Amalfi coast, but to maximize your time, I’d suggest breaking up your itinerary by town. Spend one day getting rid of jet lag and exploring Amalfi. Spend the next day taking in the glamour, shops and bars of Positano. Take in the heights of Ravello. Do a boat day to Capri. Before I break it down by location, I have to first highlight the two things you cannot miss if you find yourself in an Italian daydream!
- Positano Home Cooking with Peter: If you do ONE thing on the Amalfi coast, do this. I’ve been twice and that will never suffice. It’s really more of a cooking experience as Peter and his sous chef do the hard parts while you sip lots and lots of incredible wine, taste very thoughtfully sourced local ingredients, learn so much, and leave with top-notch Italian memories.
- Path of the God’s Hike: Truth be told, I still have yet to hike this path with unreal views of the coast due to 2 unlucky weather days, but I’ll be back for it!
- Trattoria Da Gemma: Loved by many, this was our finale dinner for LimitLes Italy! If you can, reserve a seat outside for the best views and vibes.
- Terrazza Duomo Hotel & Restaurant rooftop: Climb the stairs across from the cathedral to the top of this hotel and cozy up for unbelievable views. We really stumbled into this place by spotting it from the ground and taking The Stairway Les Traveled. I can’t speak to the crowd, because we stopped in for a 3:30 snack & sip, and we had the place to ourselves with one of the most incredible views!
- Amalfi Cathedral
- Amalfi Coast tour via Fiat 500: Trust me, do it!
- Wander through all the little shops in the piazza!
- Da Ferdinando restaurant & beach club: Just around the corner from where the ferry drops you off. The food is delicious, the little walk is beautiful, and you’ll probably avoid the crowds of people who settled for a more well-known spot.
- Franco’s Bar: White Lotus, Amalfi coast edition. Go for drinks, stay for the view, with no reservations.
- Chez Black restaurant: It’s iconic for a reason!
- Bangi Internazionale Beach Club for lunch, drinks & day beds.
- Blue/White/Green Grotto: Depending on time of year, tide, and lines, this can take a bit to move through!
- Faraglioni Rock: The iconic kissing rock. Everyone does it, and you must too!
- Marina Grande and Anacapri: If timing allows, take the funicular to the infamous Anacapri.
As you prepare, be ready to fall head over heels in love with this enchanting slice of Italy. There is so much to do whether you’re strolling through the quaint streets of Amalfi, indulging in a Positano sunset, or exploring the wonders of Capri. The Amalfi Coast weaves a tapestry of memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime. After all, like a fine limoncello or a moonlit cliffside dinner, the Amalfi Coast is meant to be savored slowly and treasured forever.